It's a super busy day over here at Commona My House!
Have you entered to win the Portland Collection Caitlin Wilson Pillows yet?
Be sure to enter by Monday 2/2 at Midnight!!!
I'm thrilled to share my January Paint a Room Challenge with you today!
If you're new to Year of Change, head here for all of the fun details for this year-long design challenge.
As usual, I am joined on this journey by my talented friends,
I have been wanting to update my builder's grade kitchen since we moved into our home. I had BIG PLANS...
I love the warm white, subway tile, gray cabinetry, unique brass pulls, greenery (in my case I'd use succulents, not just lettuce, heehee) and the warm wood touches throughout.
1. Paint the walls Sherwin Williams "Dover White".
2. Paint the cabinetry and island Sherwin Williams "Dovetail Gray".
3. Replace our clunky white kitchen counter stools with smaller scale, clean line, wood/metal ones.
|Kira Bar Stool|
4. Replace busy, outdated, green and beige backsplash with subway or hex tile in a warm, creamy tone that will blend with the "Dover White" walls, but downplay the granite.
5. Brass Fixtures, knobs, pulls.
6. Use Cream, Gray, Blue and Green soft and sophisticated fabrics throughout on windows and table cloths.