Friday, November 8, 2013

Pardon the dust...

Things are happening around my house...THIS HOUSE...COMMONA-MY HOUSE.
I'm so excited to be working with Love Grows Design on a new look
a look that is more me
more of what I've always envisioned for COMMONA-MY HOUSE
{my happy place here with you}
a look that will add to the functionality of getting around this place.

Do you want a sneak peek?
I wasn't going to...
but I'm the girl who secretly unwraps Christmas presents on Christmas Eve and sneaks them back under the tree...

I'll share with you my Mood Board...just this once.
The Mood Board gave us a jumping off point... it's not a literal but a figurative.
This is what is in store for Commona-My House in the next few weeks...
via Love Grows Design Blog


So, thank you for putting up with the renovations...
I can't wait to share my bigger, better, bold and beautiful blog with you soon!!
XXXOOO

6 comments:

  1. Love the colors and that quote is great. I need more gold in my life. And I can't wait to see the changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan! It was so much fun to work on this re-design and sort of edit out what I didn't want and realize what I did. I've always loved Deep Teal...ever since I was a tiny little girl. And most of the other elements that served as inspiration have a symbolic meaning for me. I can't wait to share this evolution with all of you, hopefully starting next week! Thanks for the support, encouragement and for being a loyal reader! Hope you are having a lovely fall. XO!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah!!! It has been so overdue. It is just as much about functionality as it is about personality with these changes. Thanks for stopping by. I think if we lived in the same neighborhood we'd be helping each other paint desks and laundry rooms or something ;)
      Oh, and I've been meaning to email you for weeks: I love the fabric! I was originally going to use them as pillow covers, but love them so much I may be using them for bigger plans. Thanks again! XO!

      Delete
  3. You're an inspiration Amy!! I can't wait to see!! I'm going to clean out a bunch of unwanted non beauty right now thanks to the awesome quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathi!!! I love that quote. It pretty much sums it up for me. After moving so many times and hauling around stupid stuff I was determined to let useless items and/or things that really weren't doing anything for me. I also have always sort of changed things that I have to be more visually appealing..slipcovers, paint, decoupage- so that things reflect what we like even on a small budget. It seems to make for a happy, less cluttered, more peaceful home.
      Hope you and the Capt. are doing well! Love following you on your blog and IG.
      XXOO!

      Delete