Thursday, November 7, 2013

Whirly Pop Centerpiece and Pinwheel Tutorial

Here is another paper project that I was hired to design and create for 
The Paper Crepe's upcoming party tour to Sacramento, Dallas and Chicago. 
It was a fun collaboration with Briana from Sweet Dreams are Made of These and I am excited to share with you a few of these ideas.

 Whirly Pop Table Centerpieces


 

Supplies:
Berry Basket
2 different but coordinating Tissue Papers cut into squares
Square of styrofoam (cut to fit in bottom of Berry Basket)
1 Large Lolly Pop
1 Small Lolly Pop
1 Candy Stick
2 Doilies
Various Coordinating Papers
Bamboo Skewers/Sticks


To make the Pinwheels:
1. Cut a piece of paper (double sided patterns) into a square.
For my centerpieces, I cut 4" X 4".
2. Draw a line diagonally from corner to corner to form an X.
Circle the center of the X.
3. With scissors, cut on the lines stopping at your circle (leaving the circle in the center uncut).

4. Put a dot of glue in the center and begin folding every other corner into the center, adding glue as you layer the corners.
5. Attach skewer to the back of your pinwheel (I used a glue gun).


6. If you'd like your pinwheel to spin, you can add a brad that will allow it to spin. If not, then you can just add embellishments to the center. I cut a section of lace washi tape and put it in the center of my pinwheel. 

7. Add washi tape or ribbon to the stick.
Done!!!
It only took me about 10 minutes to make each pinwheel. 
I made 12.  

2 comments:

  1. I love the pinwheels and the centrepieces are super cute Amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Krista!!! It was fun to do and I love pinwheels! My hot glue gun, though, not so much ;)
      XO!

      Delete