Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas House Tour

Welcome to the Christmas Party Tour of Homes!

Krista at The Happy Housie has been so generous to invite me to participate in this wonderful Home Tour for the Holidays! I'm so happy to have you come over to my house! {If you are new here, that is actually the root of why I named my blog COMMONA MY HOUSE...}! 
Come on in and stay a while and don't forget to visit the other 5 blogs that are hosting tours this evening! Their links are at the bottom of my tour.
With 7 bloggers hosting tours tonight and every night for the rest of this week, you're sure to find inspiration in your style of decorating and tons of ideas!

 First off, this is what it looks like in UT today.


It's a Winter Wonderland!!
We moved here from Tulsa, OK over this past Summer.
I have a huge to-do/project list for this house...but in the past few months my focus has been on getting our 4 kids adjusted to new schools, etc. So I'm really excited to hit those projects hard in 2014.
Look for lighting, subway tile, window treatments and shutters, painting projects and MORE in the near future.
For now, this is our house....one that feels more like HOME now that our special Christmas decorations and keepsakes are up!





As you can see, it's a wide open space and that has it's own decorating challenges. But for now, I'm enjoying cozying it up for the cold weather months.





























 Some tree details...Almost each one of my ornaments has a story behind it...from a place we've lived, a friendship behind it...or represents something special to our family.
























We always put the Christmas cards we receive in a bowl and then each night we pull out a card and include that family in our prayers.. it's a special way to remember all of our family and friends and to teach the kids to think of others over the holidays and throughout the year!

I love throwing odds and ends in bowls...ornaments, ribbons, a sprig of pine and a pine cone...maybe a bell. Who needs anything more?



I love layering special objects on my mantle. 


I wish you could smell this yummy candle. The scent is pine and vanilla- it's called MISTLETOE.
I don't usually like fakety fake pine scents but this is dreamy.






I'm a sucker for pinecones. And pheasant feathers. And deer.
And glittery deer!


Any mirror can serve as a backdrop for a wreath! Just use a suction cup hook!


I HATE niches and cubbies. I grew up in New England and I prefer traditional homes...without niches. But I like how the tree, demijon, my subway art and my stack of books works up there. It's pretty high up...and I can't wait to change the sconce...weird placement and weird uplight.

{that's my dog...she loves it under the Christmas Tree}.






Come back over on Friday while I conclude the Blue Christmas Blog Hop with a tour 


of my kid LOFT SPACE and Kid Tree!!!




Hop over to check out the other amazing ladies that are hosting tonight!!
It's like a progressive dinner ...without the dinner!

Christmas Party Tour of Homes Tuesday December 3rd
Hope you liked coming over!

30 comments:

  1. Lovely! I love the new blog look too, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Megan. Nice of you to stop by~! It has been weird this year, trying to figure out where to put things, what isn't going up this year...new house, new challenges, but it will be fun to see even by next year how things change...Merry Christmas! XO!

      Delete
  2. So many pretty things to look at. :) Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Stacey! This was such a fun hop to be a part of! Lots of different styles and so much inspiration!!! Have a Merry Christmas! XO!

      Delete
  3. Looks great!!! I especially love your antler, feather and pinecone wreath!! So schnazzy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly! I think we have similar taste...just love your classics+natural elements+ fun touches of your personality...so glad to have been on this tour with you!!! Really inspired by your barn and adventures. Happy to keep up with your posts now :)
      Merry Christmas!
      XO!

      Delete
  4. Love!!! Especially those angel wings!!! You're house is gorgeous!

    Amber @ Averie Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Amber! I loved your tour...I'm slowly getting around to commenting...having a hard time keeping up with all the hustle and bustle of the season! Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked the wings. They are sort of symbolic to me of someone, so they stay up all year long ;)
      XO!~

      Delete
  5. Its beautiful, Amy! I also have to say - this is the first time I saw your new header and it is gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Jenna. I love how in this blog hop we all have different styles but the ideas can be translated to whatever your decorating style. So many fantastic ideas and so much inspiration from all these talented ladies! Loved your tour...still trying to catch up with comments ;)
      Thanks for stopping over- the new header was a labor of love...2014 will see a few more changes ;)
      Thanks again for being such a doll,
      XO!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful tour, Amy! What a lovely home you have! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Abby. So sweet of you to say so. I appreciate you stopping by. I loved your tour!! Can't wait to have a few minutes to really take time and sit and soak up all of these amazing tours...so many awesome ideas! Look forward to keeping up with your blog- I just love it!!!
      XXXOOO!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! Love the mirror backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Aniko!!! I loved your tour!!! So many fantastic ideas! Thanks for stopping over, it was such a great group to be a part of. XO!

      Delete
  8. I am so envious of the birch logs and greenery in the antique olive bucket. So natural, yet Christmas-y! You have a beautiful home!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! As much of a pain as those niches can be, you decorated them perfectly! Your house is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It may be snowy outside but it's definitely warm and cozy in your home Amy! I love every beautiful detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many pretty warm touches!! I love the rustic additions but the table centerpiece is so pretty with those filled apothecary jars too. So many fabulous pretty details!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of your greenery and glass- both the silver and gold together are just lovely! I would love to look out my window and see real snow too :) Beautiful home and so cozy for the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It turned out beautifully! I love the ornament hanging from the antlers and I NEED those giant angel wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where do I begin? I love the angel wings and olive bucket and how you styled your whole home for the holidays. The tree is gorgeous! Love seeing your house tour and LOVE your new blog design. Awesome job, Amy. Sharing on my FB page today ;)
    Big hugs,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty, Amy! Merry Christmas! :-D
    -Shayna
    www.TheWoodGrainCottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww... I just love the tradition that you and your family share with your Christmas cards. That is too precious!! Perhaps we will start doing the same. I love it!! Oh, and the underwear sign too!! Just to lighten things up!! So honored to be a part of this tour with you, Amy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy your home is beautiful!! I love all of the pretty Christmas touches, so warm and welcoming :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home is so lovely! My favorite detail is the collection of apothecary jars on your table. We have an open concept, too, and it's definitely a challenge! I'm excited to see how you work with it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE your beautiful house. It kind of makes me sad because it just feels familiar looking at all the things from your house here in Tulsa. Glad you're doing well. I love all the Christmasy details.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us! I love your little dog under the tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for this nice sharing. Great post.

    ReplyDelete