Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Commona My Kitchen {Coconut Cupcakes}



I have loved this recipe, only making this cake once a year either around Christmas or Easter.  This year, I made cupcakes.  It is the perfect tropical treat for a snowy day.  My kids called the cupcakes SNOW CUPS.
I've modified Ina Garten's orginial recipe, follow hers or if you want a little more coconut flavor, just add 1/2 cup Coconut milk to your cake mix. Just change the amount of buttermilk that you add, instead of adding 1 cup, only add 1/2 cup of milk and your 1/2 cup of coconut milk.  And 1/2 cup coconut milk to your frosting and adjust your confectioner's sugar to get your desired consistency.  (I used Coco Lopez, but you could use any canned coconut milk that is available, usually it is either in the bar tending section or the Asian Food section..I seem to always have some canned coconut milk in my pantry because I use it in my curry).

XXXOOO,

No comments:

Post a Comment