Friday, October 10, 2014

Pinterest Board Spotlight {Malachite Moment}

I've had a love affair with Malachite my entire life.
Like my ENTIRE LIFE.
You all know I grew up the daughter of an Antique Auctioneer and I remember being very young (like 5 or 6 years old) and dusting a pair of Malachite Obelisks like these below, at my father's Auction Gallery. I asked if I could have them. He said, "NO, they're really good". And I've wanted ones of my own ever since.
So when a gorgeous red head walked up to me at Alt Summit last January and handed me her Malachite patterned business card, well, I knew we were destined to be bosom friends. (Yes, that's an Anne Shirley and Diana Blythe reference).
Vanessa of Entre Nous (check out her header, it makes me swoon everytime) and I share a new Pinterest Board dedicated to all things Malachite, because we realize that we aren't the only ones who go weak in the knees over it...Malachite is sort of having a moment these days. So many people are recognizing that it makes a  KAPOW style statement and is maybe more versatile than one might think.

I'll be using this Tonic Living "Malakos, Malachite" Fabric for my October Year of Change Designer Challenge!!!



So, maybe I'm a little obsessed.
From Decor Inspiration, DIY's + Fashion Finds
 (and maybe even a Malachite Bike) 
we're following Malachite done right.

Ten Gorgeous Powder Rooms on the Blog Today // Simply Modern Home
Malachite Mirror Pop in Dotted Powder Room
via Simply Modern Home


Malachite print cashmere scarf by Lauren Spencer King
Yes, please...Malachite Cashmere Scarf
via Vacation Days

MajorMalachite3
Vanessa's own Malachite nails and iphone case
via Entre Nous

Click below and follow along!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment