Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pinterest Board Spotlight: Prep School

I like Tretorns:


I like Madras:


 and Seersucker:


and I believe that pink, green and navy are wardrobe and decorating staples.


I like shingled homes with crisp white trim:


and monograms, on everything.


I grew up in New England where there is a certain understanding of all things PREPPY.
My friend Neil, totally gets it. Although she isn't from New England, she has the preppy aesthetic in her blood. So Neil has inspired me to create a new Pinterest Board devoted to embracing the Preppy look in clothing, decor, products, lifestyle. It's a look, it's a way of life. You get it or you don't. Think Martha's Vineyard. Think Southern Prep like Lilly Pulitzer. Think Traditional with colorful flair...that's Preppy and that's what I'll be pinning onto my PREP SCHOOL BOARD this summer!
Come follow me and mention me in your Preppy Pins and I'll pin your selections onto the Prep School Board.
XXXOOO!

6 comments:

  1. Fun idea! You had me at seersucker! ;) love this! Be sure to link up to the Lilly Pulitzer style soirée!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather!!! So glad you stopped by!! I would love to link up at the style soiree', thanks for the invitation ;)
      There are just some things that are classics and will never go out of style! Love your blog!
      XXXOOO!

      Delete
  2. LOVE this! I am so with you!!! Seersucker is one of my absolute favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI!!! I'm a sucker for seersucker ;)
      I love the idea of using it in summer decor. So glad you stopped by - I know you're a busy lady - but love hearing your opinion. I may have to do a seersucker tablecloth- I'll let you know how it turns out! XXXOOO!

      Delete
  3. I love the classic preppy look, and just saw some very cute bedding the other day- navy, soft pink, crisp white color blocking. It was adorable. I'll have to check out our board too.
    I'm stopping by from the link up at better with age. I'd love for you to stop by my way if you get a chance ;)
    Babystybs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I featured your prep school board in a Lilly Pulitzer project round-up!! You can see it here: http://www.rainonatinroof.com/2013/06/10-lilly-pulitzer-inspired-projects.html
    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete