Thursday, February 14, 2013

Furniture 101: Dining Room and Kitchen Chair Styles



Whether your taste runs antique, modern or anywhere in between, there are basic styles and designs that stand the test of time.  It's always helpful to know the name of a design, whether it is an original or a reproduction.

Here is a little Visual 101 Tutorial and Round-Up:



{via Chicago Appraiser's Association}


and don't forget about nice legs:
{Via Chicago Appraiser's Asssoc.

Current Reproductions:

ViennaChairSkyS13
Crate and Barrel "Bentwood Chair"
Bow Windsor Back
Wynn Ladderback Chair
Pottery Barn "Wynn Ladderback Chair" 

Cortona Chair
Pottery Barn "Cortona Chair" is a "Fiddle Back"

Louis XVI End Chair - Sage - New
Wisteria "Louis XVI Dining Chair"

Cane-Back Chair - Dining
Wisteria "Cane Back Dining Chair"

Queen Anne Upholstered Chair
Pottery Barn "Queen Anne Chair"

and a few modern additions that are staples:
Parsons Chair - Frame Only
Parson's Chair
 (named after Parson's School of Design in NYC,
not Parson as in a Preacher of a church, btw)
Monogrammed Slipcovered Parsons Chair
Skirted Parsons
Tolix Chair
Eames Chair
I have such a love for well crafted chairs...and they all seem to have their own personality, that I love to mix and match! Guess that's a multiple personality thing? I think that even traditional dining rooms and kitchens can benefit from breaking up sets of chairs...making your space more approachable. What do you think?
Opposites Attract

Mix and match dining room chairs
Unified by light and dark

Mix and match dining chairs
All Queen Anne Fiddle Back, different finishes
Different Styles unified by same paint and upholstery
Casual Elegance
dining rooms - dining room mix match chairs french dining table letter fabric dining room that I love - found the picture on http://gracefullyvintage.blogspot.com/
Unified by French Inspiration

I could go on...
hope this gives  you something to think about when you're narrowing down your style.
XXXOOO.

13 comments:

  1. Hi! You were one of the winners for my free advertising giveaway! Congrats! You won a sidebar button space for 30 days! I just need the html code for your button to get it up and running! Thanks for entering the giveaway! I look forward to keeping up with your blog and hope mine sends some visitors your way!

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com
    rainonatinroof01@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it when I was looking for a different sort of information but I am very interested in the article, It is nice to read such kind of good posts I like your work keep it up! Office furniture Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Useful information shared. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk through. I appreciate this post. Modular Office Furniture pune

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative information. I have read whole the article on dining room furniture and love to read whole article. Thanks a lot for wonderful share!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Daisy. Come back often!

      Delete
  5. This post is so informative and makes a very nice image on the topic in my mind. It is the first time I visit your blog, but I was extremely impressed. Keep posting as I am gonna come to read it everyday! Furniture Stores in puna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an immense read, post more often please! ,When will you be doing another article on this subject? 

    Amela
    office furniture northamptonshire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Post. Thank you for sharing this information. Such a great help to us.
    Dining Room Furniture

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice article!! I am glad to read your post, pretty informative, thanks for sharing with us.

    Kitchen Dining Tables
    Dining Room Table And Chairs For Sale

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your stuff on blog. It is doubtless that we have similar interests. Something is very helpful to me. office furniture in west palm beach

    ReplyDelete