Thursday, October 10, 2013

House Guests: I.O. Metro Founders Home Tour, Traditional+Contemporary Twist

It's a bit ironic that the main reason that I'm sharing this Arkansas home with you is to share the EXTERIOR of the house...why IRONIC? Because the owners of the home own a very popular furniture store chain I.O. METRO (a really fantastic contemporary furniture and decor resource). And what I like most about the house is the exterior. That doesn't mean that there aren't take away ideas from the interior spaces...
I've selected a few photos of my favorite aspects of this charmer to share with you, including paint colors.
Take a look.

Exterior Paint: Sherwin Williams "Tony Taupe", "Black Fox" and "Pure White"

Sherwin Williams "Pure White" with Iron Stair rail work and
stair treds painted
 Sherwin Williams "Black Fox"

I love the natural elements in this room. The stone fireplace and built in wall, the nautral sisal rug, leather chairs which are To DIE FOR, cool drum table which they collected on their travels, visually interesting floor lamp...
what I don't get is their window treatment fabric choice and their throw pillow selection. This would have been the perfect way to add color, pattern or more texture to this area. They wouldn't have lost the more masculine vibe if they had gone with even a tribal print pillow..or a herringbone neutral weave in a lighter color choice for the windows...I would have done those two things differently, just saying.

Sherwin Williams "Pure White" and "Black Fox" again. Great Combo. I love white kitchens. However, I
would like to see a little more character in the stools. They have other global influences in other places in their home,I'd like to see more of that in the stools and more color in the kitchen. Contemporary doesn't need to mean sterile...and bringing in something of color in the middle of the kitchen, on the island would break up the overwhelming white here.
Perfection. Love this chandelier and table. More contemporary outdoor  chairs really works. 


and my favorite part of the home...this back yard. Just gorgeous. Wouldn't you love to have this back porch?

For more of this home tour, sources and an interview with Christine Howard, homeowner and Creative Director/Owner of I.O. Metro furniture stores visit At Home in Arkansas.

XXXOOO

1 comment:

  1. This home's exterior is what dream homes are made of if you ask me. The back porch and yard are to die for! Fabulous...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete