Friday, November 15, 2013

Blue Christmas Blog Hop: Week #1 ORNAMENTS



Welcome to the first week of Blue Christmas Blog Hop!!
I'm so excited to share with you something that will be happening on Fridays for the next several weeks!  There are 7 of us who will be contributing to this series! 

You may recognize a few of these talented ladies {they are all amazing design, decor, craft and/or lifestyle bloggers} who will be sharing ideas on how to incorporate BLUE into your 
Holiday Home.

This week:
BLUE ORNAMENTS 

I am sort of a no-fuss sort of decorator. 
I like to keep things simple but not stark.
I love the color blue and have it as an accent color in a few areas of my home, but I don't have any blue Christmas decor. 
So I bought an el cheapo box of ball ornaments, 9 for $2.99.
I went through my ribbon stash and found a few blue/teal ribbons that were pretty with the ornaments. 
Over the past few years, I have just sort of spread out silver adn gold ornaments throughout my home and I'm ready for some color. I don't like a lot of clutter, so instead of having Christmas decor take over every surface, I add a few ornaments here and there...on shelves, in jars, hanging from ribbons on curtain rods...
to make things merry & bright.









I got a little wild and embellished a few of these super inexpensive balls with glitter.
All it takes is glue, glitter and 10 minutes.
But I hope I've shown that you don't have to spend a lot of money or go 'over the top' to bring a little touch of blue 
to liven things up a bit! 

Thanks for coming over! 
Be sure to visit all of my co-hosts blogs for more inspiration 
and be sure to hop back over next Friday November 22nd for





XXXOOO!

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty shade of blue Amy - and the glitter adds so much texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very perfectly pretty and simple!!!!! Love the glitter and the bit of green!

    ReplyDelete