Wednesday, December 12, 2012

T minus 12: 12 Days to get things wrapped!

On 12/12 I ALWAYS without fail, turn on my favorite Christmas music (George Winston "Winter", Charlie Brown Christmas, and anything Frank, Tony, Harry or Michael), I plug in the tree and have a little 'me' time wrapping things up.  Because, 12/12 means that there are only 12 days left until Christmas Eve!!! I usually start with the teacher, neighbor and friend gifts, doing something creative and fun. I then do all of the presents that must be mailed.  I love wrapping. Aside from working for my father and my Gram's business, my very first REAL job was in Chester Center at Wellstone Farms, a cute little store that sold antiques, gifts, and Crabtree and Evelyn. I was in 8th grade and I was hired for the month of December as a back room gift wrapper. The owner, Jane, taught 13 year old me, how to wrap just about anything. There is a certain way to wrap a book, a certain way to make a gift basket, certain ways to tie bows without wasting ribbon, etc.  It was a fun experience and I enjoyed being around Jane and her husband and all of the pretty things in the store.
 I still wrap books the way that she taught me....
But this is my favorite trick for wrapping something special.
Fold a sleeve to tuck a card or gift tag in to the wrapping paper!
mld104220_1208_gifts1s.jpg
built in card pocket
  


This is a Martha tutorial, but the idea has been around for ages.

1. Cut paper several inches larger than the amount needed to wrap the item. Fold paper in half, pattern side in. 
2. Fold top layer of paper back partially creating a pocket of desired depth; press to crease. 
3. Wrap and tape presents as you normally would, keeping the pocket fold in place. Decorate the pocket with ribbon, cord, or other trim. ~ Martha Stewart Living

Come over for more clever wrapping ideas tomorrow!
XXXOOO!


2 comments:

  1. i'm excited to learn all your secret back room wrapper tips! i'm loving this card tuck idea. thanks for sharing amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and your welcome, Briana!!! I'll be posting a few more wrapping tips throughout next week!Can't wait to share what you have in store for us tomorrow!! Thank you!

      Delete