Thursday, April 4, 2013

House Guests: The Tudors

I've always had a thing for Tudors...and not just Tudors as in:
TudorsPromo4-2.jpg

But Tudors as in:

The Tudor Revival  style of architecture.
Authentic English Tudor, 1575-1620, England
What has always AMAZED me and endeared this style to me has been the fact that a Tudor home can be at home, so to speak, just as much in California as it is in a tiny little English Country town.  For such a distinct style to be able to mesh with any region, landscape or climate makes it a timeless classic.
 Brooklyn, NY
Edsel and Eleanor Ford House: Examples of Tudor Revival Architecture
Michigan
Carlsbad, CA
Best Curb Appeal: The Doory Awards 2012
San Antonio, TX
The look:
There are stand-out Tudor features: leaded glass, beams, paneled ceilings, stone arches, detailed woodwork.

I love the architectural style. But Tudors typically are ornately furnished (or what I like to call "OVER-FURNISHED") and could stand to be brightened and freshened up with a more modern, fresh color palette.


Here is a super gorgeous Tudor in Ridgewood, NJ that we will tour today!
OH, WHAT I COULD DO TO THIS HOUSE!!















But oh, look at the stone arches. And the panels and beams EVERYWHERE.
Do you like Tudors?
I'll say it again...OH WHAT I COULD DO TO THIS HOUSE!
To see more of this home that is for sale click here.
Do you like Tudors?
XXXOOO.

1 comment:

  1. Got you from Rain on a Tin Roof. Now following you on Pinterest. :)

    ReplyDelete