Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Wreath: Moss and Nest


Last year I found this green moss wreath at a discount. I bought it for $9 and loved it as is. But I like playing around with things and I thought it needed a little embellishment. So I found this birds nest at Hobby Lobby. I didn't like the eggs that came with it. So I added 4 eggs (1 for each of my kids).
 
I don't like to do things permanently sometimes. As I said, I loved the wreath on it's own and I saw potential to use it again at Christmas time or any time of the year actually, so instead of gluing the nest on or pinning it and risking making large holes, I took burlap ribbon yardage and wrapped the nest to the wreath, tightly securing and knotting off the ribbon on the back of the wreath.  At first I wasn't so sure, frankly, I was thinking that the burlap looked like an Ace Bandage...but it has grown on me. I took it apart last year and used the wreath in other places...and now it is back with the nest, ready for Spring again.  It was fun to play with the positioning of the nest. I had it slightly lower to the bottom right last year, but I like it clearly on top of the moss this year.
I'm ready for Spring!



4 eggs= 4 kids. It's a messy but colorful nest. 
XXOOO.

Linking to: 

The Shabby Nest
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

17 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the springy colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April! I am SO ready for Spring! But I think I say that about all the seasons...daffodils are popping, though so I just love the colors of Spring! XXXOOO!

      Delete
  2. Very cute! I found you at New Nostalgia's AP Tuesday, and am now following you via GFC. I'd love for you to stop by my blog :) Have a great day!

    Shandy @ Aprons 'n Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming over, Shandy! I'll pop over to Aprons 'n Pearls! It will be fun to get to know each other and our blogs!!! YAY! Thanks! XXXOOO!

      Delete
  3. This is the most unique spring wreath I've seen! I love how the number of eggs represents the number of kids you have! That's really cool!
    By the way, I just posted the Liebster Award you nominated me for. I'm sorry it took quite a while to get it done.
    Thanks again for the nomination. Here is the link:
    http://www.restorationbeauty.com/2013/03/another-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Selene! I'll pop over and read your Leibster post. Mine took a while, too. Lots of questions to answer! But I hope you had fun with it...it's a neat little blog circle we have and I'm grateful to call you friend! XXXOOO!

      Delete
  4. WOW!!! This is one pretty wreath...thanks for sharing it at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Linda!! Thank YOU for having the party! I've been a reader of your blog for a while, and started mine back in Nov., so I'm still a 'newbie' at this linking party thing. But I've loved getting to know the other bloggers and seeing their style and crafts. IT's been so much fun. Thank you for stopping over and for leaving the nice comment- I'll be linking again whenever I have something 'charm' worthy ;) XXXOOO!

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love this! Too cute! I really want something mossy at my house! I need to get on it!

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna!!! I love the moss look so much. Working with the live moss can be REALLY messy. I made the mistake of making moss balls in my dining room...it's really a garage or back porch project. The moss balls were easy, and not too expensive to make. I'll be posting next week. Thanks for stopping over, XXXOOO.

      Delete
  6. wow I love the birdie nests looks so cool the way you have them displayed..such a creative wreath, love the look...So glad I found your blog, I am now one of your new followers...I will be back again to visit...come on over for a visit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Phyllis! So nice to meet you! I'll pop over and visit Around the House! So much fun to meet new blogs and creative friends! Thanks for coming over!!! XXXOOO!

      Delete
  7. Really love this Amy!!! that green color is spectacular

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Moss done funky ;)
      Thanks for the compliment and comment~~~
      XO!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, Tanu!!! So glad to meet you! Thanks for coming over and checking out my wreath. Come back often, I have give aways at least once a month!

      Delete
  9. What a neat idea for Spring! Great way to welcome Spring.

    ReplyDelete