Friday, March 1, 2013

The Bees Knees: Bushy Hill Bonanza

Bushy Hill Bonanza - Portland, CT
I'd like to introduce you to another "BEES KNEES", fabulous find: Bushy Hill Bonanza! It is a knitting and sewing shop that my sweet high school friend, Andrea,  and her mother run. Not only is Andrea talented, but she's brilliant (like DARTMOUTH briliant) and knitting is one of her passions. 

Meet the mother-daughter team behind Bushy Hill Bonanza


Bushy Hill Bonanza was created after a Sunday afternoon gathering of my family at my parents' house. From the time I can remember, my mom has crafted- she's a talented seamstress and yarn crafter, making us clothing, Halloween costumes, and great accessories for our home. Her mother and grandmother did the same for us- in fact, the chair in my sewing room is topped by a crocheted cover made by my great grandmother back in the '80s.

Since my siblings and I have started families, she's also been using her talents to make our children wonderful hand-made gifts that they (and we) treasure. We were remarking on all of the wonderful items that our mom has made, as well as the gift she shared with my sister and I of learning to knit (and in my case, sew) and thought it was time to share our gifts with others.

Over a bottle of wine and many shared laughs, we created the name Bushy Hill Bonanza as a nod to my childhood home and our mom's family heritage. We offer hand-made, custom-created, unique knitted and quilted items- home accessories, children and adult clothing, and blankets. Our items are typically unique and are geared to bring a sense of tradition and comfort to you, your family and your home.
----- Andrea

These are a few of my favorite Bushy Hill Bonanza Recent Custom Orders:
I LOVE THIS CHUNKY COWL!!!








And here are a few items that are available in their ETSY SHOP: 
Knitted Baby/Child Hat - Two Colors - with Optional Flower
Knitted Baby Headband
Cotton and Flannel Baby Blanket - Graphic Birds in Blue, Brown, Green, and Cream

I've had the privilege of owning, wearing and  loving one of Andrea's custom scarves and it is my favorite scarf...and I have quite a selection of scarves in my closet.  Hop over to Bushy Hill Bonanza's Etsy Shop as well as their Face Book Page...'like' them and stay in the loop {I had to do it}.  Andrea frequently puts items up on their FB page, to show the projects that she's working on, and they go so quickly that sometimes they don't make it on to their Etsy site.  They welcome custom orders! 
XXXOOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment