Monday, March 18, 2013

Week 3: Mourning Downton Book and Movie Club

Another week without Downton.
Last week we talked about the Forsyte Saga and Clara and Mr. Tiffany.
This week I wanted to bring you a movie that has several "DOWNTON" actors in the cast: "From Time to Time".
From Time to Time (2009) Poster

Maggie Smith, Hugh Bonneville, Allen Leech (Branson)  and David Robb (Dr. Clarkson). And directed by JULIAN FELLOWES!

This is a fun WWII Era-Ghost-Time Traveler sort of story. And the central character: The House!
My kids watched this with me last night and loved it.

My book recommendation this week is The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. 
The Book Thief
This has been my favorite book for some years now. Every book club I've been in I've recommended it and everyone has loved it. I describe it as "ANNE FRANK MEETS SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE".

It’s just a small story really, about among other things: a girl, some words, an accordionist, some fanatical Germans, a Jewish fist-fighter, and quite a lot of thievery. . . .

As a huge fan of the book, I'm not sure how I felt about the fact that they are making The Book Thief  into a movie. BUT I STRONGLY SUGGEST reading the book now...the movie will be out by 2014. And will star Geoffrey Rush and Emily Watson. It will be big. Read the book now!
XXXOOO!



2 comments:

  1. I am having Downton withdrawals too, but Mad Men will soon fill the void! I will have to check out The Book Thief!

    Kathy
    http://pearlsinparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This books sounds great! I will def read it and let you know what I think. :)

    ~Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly

    ReplyDelete