Thursday, September 18, 2014

Style Inspiration {Highland Fling}

Scotland Type Map in Sheer Slate - decorative screen print
via

Do you read, watch or listen to the news? 
Today Scotland will be voting on its Independence from the United Kingdom. Seriously.
Many of you know that I am a total Anglophile and today I am declaring my love for Scotland, and Scottish Style....even though I think their country should still be a part of the UK (but I'm a NEW Englander, so what do I know?)....There is definitely something distinct about HIGHLAND STYLE. Maybe we all need to start not just grouping Scottish things in with other British looks.

There are a few typical or maybe STEREOTYPICAL elements, that stand the test of time, and that are 
100% Scottish! 
Do they have your vote?

My ode to Scottish Style Accessories, 
HIGHLAND FLING

Tartan
Throws add so much visual warmth & coziness to a room all winter long. Don't place them carefully- just throw them casually over the back of a chair or sofa or on a bed for the best "unstudied" effect. Try it- you'll like it!
via



Thistle
I love this!!!!   handprinted muted royal blue and ivory union jack by helkatdesign, $62.00
via


Stag {the hunt}
Stags Head
via

Fair Isle Knits
Tír Chonnail Wrap/Throw // More stunning genius from Kate Davies
via

Scottish and West Highland Terriers
vintage Christmas advertisement for Black & White Scotch Whiskey
via
I could go on...tweed, golf, Shetland Ponies, SHORTBREAD...


Want more Scottish Decor Inspiration?
Medieval, Balmoral Castle, Scotland
via
2.  Skim through my Downton Decor post about my take-aways from Cousin Shrimpie's Scottish Castle, Duneagle.


via

Whit’s fur ye’ll no go by ye! 
What’s meant to happen will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment